A small park covering the 2.2 ha area in the centre of the city inside the triangle formed by the streets: Libelta, Noskowskiego and Chopina. It was created around 1870 as a private garden. In 1906, after the city bought the grounds, the garden was transformed into a public park. Initially it was named after Johann Wolfgang Goethe, but in 1919 the name was changed to Municipal Park and in 1921 it finally became Moniuszko Park. In 1913 a bronze replica of the Max Klinger sculpture "The Bathing Woman" was erected here, but in 1929 it was moved to the Palm House. In 1924, during the II National Congress of Polish Singers, a bust of Moniuszko was erected in the park using the funds of organizations forming the Great Poland Singers Fellowships Association. This sculpture was made by M. Rożek. After it was destroyed during the war, the bust was recreated by Edward Haupt. Many of the majestic old trees in the park were destroyed during the fighting over the nearby Citadel. Today most notable of all the trees in the park is a group of oaks with trunks measuring around 3m in diameter.