It is a green enclave in Sołacz district, between the streets Małopolska and Litewska. It covers an area 0f 14.6 ha. The park started to be built in 1908 and it was opened to the public in 1911, but finishing work lasted until 1913. The park was designed by Hermann Kube, who at that time was the director of the Municipal Gardens. It was given landscape features, mainly in the form of two ponds created by damming the water of Bogdanka rivulet. A large restaurant was opened in 1912 by one of the ponds in a building moved here from the East - German Industry, Crafts and Agriculture Exhibition organized in 1911. The building was rebuilt several times; after the reforms in 1989-91 it has been housing "Meridian" hotel. In 1913 the park was linked to the centre of the city by a tramline. Until this day there is a wooden tram waiting room (the so - called "green shed"). The park has some interesting trees, which apart from Polish species include several exotic specimens, such as Canadian hemlock, bold cypress and red fir.
For the past few years there has been general renovation work going on in the park.