Use free audioguides to navigate around Poznań! With audioguides you are free to explore the attractions of the city at your own pace and according to your own plan. Should you get tired of sightseeing, you can always take a break and get some rest, while relishing a St. Martin's Crescent Roll, or sit at a cafe and try delicacies from Poznań restaurants. After that you can get back on the tour.
Audioguides, available as mp3 files. The map with the marked route for the each tour is available below.
How does it work?
1. Download the files (part 1 and part 2)
2. Transfer them onto your mp3 player, mobile phone or other sound player
3. Embark on an exciting tour across the city
THE OLDEST POZNAŃ - duration 50 min
The audioguide titled "The oldest Poznań" is devoted to the oldest sections of the modern Poznań, ranging from the Cathedral Island and the Cathedral to Śródka and Komandoria districts. The Cathedral Island is the cradle of Polish Statehood, while Poznań Cathedral was the first such sanctuary on Polish soil. Here one can definitely feel the spirit of times long past.
You can start your tour on the square in front of the Cathedral. Two options for sightseeing can be chosen:
- Cathedral Island - Śródka district
- Cathedral Island - Chwaliszewo district
The most interesting attraction and places marked by numbers in the audio guide:
2. Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary
3. Lubrański Academy
4. Statue of Jan Kochanowski
5. Bridgehead of the Cathedral Island Sluice
6. Bishop Jordan Bridge
7. Church of St. Margaret the Virgin
8. Philippians' Monastery
9. Church of John of Jerusalem beyond the Walls
10. Cathedral Island Street
11. Chwaliszewo Street