Legalisation of stay

Prospective international student thinking about coming to Poznań for both, exchange or full programme, should be concerned about minimum three important issues: legalisation of stay, health insurance  and  programme application.


EU/EAA citizens do not need any Polish visa to study in Poznań. However, if stay is longer than three months a temporary residence permit should be obtained.

Non-EU/Eaa citizens who arrive in Poland are required to obtain a student's visa at a Polish Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence.  Visas are valid for a maximum of three months and cannot be extended in Poland, so in order to extend the stay in Poland it is necessary to apply for a temporary residence permit.

More information: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland

Residence Permit

The residence permits are issued by the Department of Citizens Affairs of the Regional Office (province administration) and valid for one year in case of students. For stays shorter then three months no legalisation is necessary.

More information: Wielkopolska Voivodship Office in Poznań

This article has more than one page. Choose below next page, to read further