Health insurance

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

Students from EU-countries should have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from their  country of origin which entitles to free health services. EU citizens are entitled to receive free health care services from health care providers who have contracts for health services with the National Health Fund (NFZ).

Non-EU citizens are recommended to buy medical insurance in their home country or immediately after their arrival in Poland. Otherwise, they have to cover the costs of the medical care.

All international students are advised to purchase third party liability insurance and accident insurance before arrival to Poland.

More information: National Health Fund (NFZ)

This article has more than one page. Choose below next page, to read further