In response to the spread of the coronavirus, from Sunday 15th of March, Polish Government implemented a ban on entry to the country by the foreigners. All Polish citizens entering Poland will be quarantined. It is a result of an epidemiological threat, which allows the government "to impose additional restrictions that are necessary to stop the spread of coronavirus."
COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 HELPLINE
+ 48 22 500 40 00 (Monday-Friday: 08.15-16.15)
- internal number 1 and 6: information regarding the crossing of borders by Polish citizens, quarantine and available border crossing points at an external border of the EU,
- internal number 2 and 3: information regarding conditions of entry and stay of foreigners on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
1) From 15th of March (Sunday), the following rules will apply:
- No entry for foreigners in the country (there will be exceptions to this rule and will apply to "foreigners who are daily associated with our society, who work and stay here legally. These people, if they are currently abroad and want to return to Poland as the place of their residence and work, they will be able to return, but on one condition: 14 days of quarantine immediately after crossing the border).
- 14-day home quarantine for people entering the territory of the Republic of Poland.
- Suspension of international passenger air and rail connections.
- Borders will be open to the flow of goods.
2) From 14th of March (Saturday) the work of shopping centres will be limited. Only grocery stores, pharmacies and laundries will remain open there.
- All restaurants, pubs, clubs, bars and casinos will be suspended. It will be possible to order takeaway food.
- Meetings of more than 50 people are not allowed
CHANGE OF OFFICE HOURS AT THE DEPARTMENT FOR FOREIGNERS (Wielkopolska Voivodship Office) - information via Migrant Info Point
From March 16th, 2020 (Monday) until further notice, to impose restrictions on the functioning of the Wielkopolska Province Office of Poznań consisting of performing only tasks necessary to assist citizens and specific tasks excluding the direct customer service in the scope indicated below:
1) The Voivodship Office does not accept any clients (except in emergencies); all visits arranged so far by phone, through online booking, directly by the Office's employees, as well as requests to appear in person at the Office, are canceled.
2) The Office's employees work during the Office's hours without any changes.
3) In all matters dealt with by the Wielkopolska Voivodship Office in Poznań, citizens may contact the employees of the Office only by phone and e-mail from Monday to Friday between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or send correspondence by traditional post or via ePUAP, taking into account the scope given in the detailed information provided below.
4) Complaints and requests submitted personally are suspended.
It's crucial to apply for the temporary, permanent, or long-term EU residence permit BEFORE the end of your legal stay and wait for further notice from the Office.
Phone number and e-mail to the secretariat of the Department for Foreigners:
Tel. 61 850 8770,