The College of Education and Therapy was founded as the first non-public higher education institution in Poznań to teach physiotherapists. The goal of its founders, professor Kazimiera Milanowska, MD, PhD, and Violetta Musa, MA, was to create a higher medical education institution.The College of Education and Therapy was formed in February 2005 and entered by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education into the register of non-state higher education institutions and associations of non-state higher education institutions under the number 315.
The College of Education and Therapy co-operates with outside stakeholders in terms of modernisation, standardisation and adjustment of curricula and subjects of studies for educational needs of the College.
The agreements in place are performed through:
- joint creation of curricula of studies at the College and their implementation with the use of equipment and staff,
- writing BA and MA theses and scientific studies on the basis of the equipment lent for use,
- joint solution of technological and research problems relating to equipment, e.g. testing the equipment before marketing it,
- carrying out joint research in the fields specified on an ongoing basis by the parties,
- organisational activities and enterprises supporting the transfer of technologies,
- seeking sources of finance for the teaching, organisational, scientific and research activities,
- organisation of scientific conferences, consultations and courses
The graduates are the best ambassadors of the College - their opinions and careers count most.