Term of office:
2018 - 2023
Secretary's office - Room 108
tel. 61 646 33 44
1. Internal Audit and Control Office
2. Owner's Supervision Office
3. Mayor's Office
4. In the Organizational Department:
- Data Protection Officer
- City Auditor
- Occupational Health and Safety
- City Attorney and teams of legal advisers
5. City Council Office - in performing Art. 33 par. 3 of Local Self-Government Act and § 17 par. 1 of Poznan City Hall Organization Rules.
The Mayor, using Owner's Supervision Office, performs corporate governance of municipal cultural institutions - with regard to expressing opinions on annual financial statements of municipal cultural institutions.
The Mayor collaborates with Poznan City Council Committee of Revision.
Scope of responsibilities as Mayor of Poznan:
- managing current affairs of the City of Poznan
- representing the City
- administering personal data
- coordinating the preparation and implementation of multi-year plans and development programs in order to achieve strategic goals of the City of Poznan
- supervising financial economics of the City of Poznan, performing respective tasks defined in Local Self-Government Act and Public Finance Act
- ensuring the preparation of projects and implementation of resolutions of Poznan City Council
- issuing order regulations in emergency situations
- hiring and dismissing managers of municipal organizational units and exercising powers of being their superior
- exercising powers of being county inspectorates and services managers' superior within the scope provided for under separate regulations
- issuing decisions on individual matters in the field of public administration
- issuing authorizations to make decisions on behalf of the Mayor
- supporting cooperation between the City of Poznan and its foreign partners
- managing information policy of the City of Poznan
- ensuring the development of flood action plan, issuing and cancelling flood warnings and flood alerts
- ensuring the interests of the City of Poznan in companies and cooperative societies, handling matters connected with establishing companies with shares owned by the City of Poznan, entering into partnership by the City of Poznan with companies, associations and cooperatives as well as withdrawing from them (excluding tasks related to the supervision of social enterprises/undertakings), and also connected with developing proposals to manage stocks and shares owned by the City of Poznan, in particular to prepare privatization of sole proprietorships of the City of Poznan
- handling matters concerning organizational and ownership transformations of municipal organizational units and municipal legal entities
Scope of responsibilities as the Head of Poznan City Hall:
- supervising work organization of Poznan City Hall and compliance with the law
- Human Resources policy
- exercising powers of the superior with regard to Deputy Mayors, Treasurer of the City of Poznan, Secretary of the City of Poznan and all the remaining employees of Poznan City Hall
- determining the payroll for departments
- supervising the performance of tasks entrusted to Poznan City Hall
Born March 10, 1964 in Poznan. City and sports activist, former entrepreneur. Graduated from the Faculty of Law at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan. Completed postgraduate studies in accounting, finance and taxes. GFPS Scholar at Bielefeld University in Germany.
Gained his professional experience in various trading companies in the 1990s. Worked for Jan Kulczyk at Kulczyk Tradex, among others.
From 1997 to 2014, he ran his own company which provided bookkeeping and consulting services to foreign entrepreneurs.
Together with business investors, he participated in creating thousands of workplaces in Poland.
Active athlete. Completed over 50 cross-country marathons. Several times completed prestigious Waza Run events. As the 38th person in the world, managed to complete all marathon races in the Worldloppet series. Thanks to his initiative, Szklarska Poręba was selected to hold the Cross-Country World Cup competitions, which were organized by him in 2012 and 2014. Member of the International Ski Federation (FIS) Ski Cross World Cup Committee.
Loves cycling, even commutes to work by bike. For several years he has been supporting blind cyclists from Razem Club in Poznan.
Was friends with Jacek Kaczmarski, a legendary poet, songwriter and singer. Helped him with the financial reorganization and to organize concerts. When Kaczmarski was too sick to perform at the concerts, he employed the artist in his old company.
Since 2008 he has been discussing public matters, for example, in Gazeta Wyborcza and Głos Wielkopolski. His public engagement was soon recognized and he was chosen a candidate of My-Poznaniacy initiative to run for the post of Mayor of Poznan in 2010. Since 2013 he has been a member of the Civic Platform of the Republic of Poland, in 2014 he was a Civic Platform candidate for Mayor of Poznan.
In the second round of voting he received 86,164 votes (i.e. 59.09%) and replaced Ryszard Grobelny, who had been Mayor of Poznan for 16 years.
Teatr Nowy in Poznan found his life fascinating and portrayed his character in a performance called "Gracze" (a part of Jeżyce Story series) focusing on his friendship with Jacek Kaczmarski, the legendary bard. The bard had dedicated his novel "O aniołach innym razem" to Jacek Jaśkowiak and often referred to him in the lyrics of his songs.
Has two sons: Jarosław and Stanisław. Married to Joanna Jaśkowiak, who is a notary.
Enthusiast of theater, cross-country skiing, and the works of Jacek Kaczmarski.
Speaks German and English.